Monday, March 23, 2009

Happy Birthday Jackson Connor!

Well, it's here again. Jackson Connor Castleman would be 6 years old today. Man, 6 years, I don't think I am old enough to have a 6 year old. Last year on Jackson's birthday I had a really hard time and two ladies at church bought me a book to read that I know many of you have read, The Shack, if you haven't taken the time to read it do and just see where it takes you. The book for me was in some ways healing. I needed to face my "shack" and let God retrieve me from it. This fear that I have of loosing yet another child, the anger that set in that I had lost not just Jackson but another child at 6 weeks of pregnancy. Your "Shack" maybe something completely different but oh the healing that comes from letting God have control of it. There are still days, like today, when I really miss him, but this year God has let me share Jackson's story with others that I never would have expected and it has helped them. This year on his birthday I am 36 weeks pregnant with Emorie Elizabeth and with the exception of the first few weeks of letting that fear back in, I have really tried and succeeded in enjoying this pregnancy. I feel I am more layed back about it and not in such a rush for her to be here. Five times we have been blessed with children, Jackson, Michal Kate, Noah, Jack, and Emorie and each time I am still in awe that God entrusts them to me to teach them and guide them in his ways.
Like every year here is your birthday party invitation for Jackson: please join me today in praying for any family that you know that has lost a baby or is loosing a baby at any stage of pregnancy or infancy. Pray for the families that are being told their little ones won't survive, as that is a huge struggle to overcome in and of itself. Also, let us continue to remember anyone you know that is expecting at this time. Those for me are, myself, Adria, Lesley,Megan, Kerri, Kimberly, Stephanie, and Lora. I would like to add this year for us to pray for those trying to concieve but are unable. In their own way, they lose a child each month, and that pain is real. Thank you for joining me for this day of prayer. I love you all and pray each of you finds joy in a child today!
Happy Birthday Jackson, keep on sliding.

1 comment:

The Bell's said...

Dana!! I am just crying joyful tears over your beautiful words of faith... You are touching so many lives.. I am ever thankful I got to be there the day we honored sweet Jackson and his life cut too short.. Many times I have thought of you bc We were expecting Drew at that time and had no idea of what we were about to face in our own journey of faith... You are a precious friend and sister in Christ... God bless you and yours, love Kim Bell