Thursday, June 18, 2009

Jack's 2nd Birthday

Happy birthday to Jack! I am writing this the night before his birthday since I won't be at my computer tomorrow to post for his birthday. Two years ago we received such a joy to our lives with Jack Gordon. He is a ball of fire, that is for sure, and the biggest monkey of all 8 of my parents grandkids(so far, we'll see if Em gives him a run for his money!) He has gotten into things at my parents' house that the others never even knew existed. He "climbs new heights" that we thought were unreachable, and by far was the first child we HAD to move into a toddler bed in order to keep him safe! Even when you are in the worst of moods, Jack can make you smile. He has a temper like no other, but is just as happy! When you are upset with him, he grins, and politely says, " I love you mommy", or " I love you Daddy" to try to stop himself from getting in trouble. So yes, we are paying for our raising with this one, but he is so special. Jack loves to dance and sing and is the Wiggles biggest fan. He also loves Cars but especially Mack! I will freely admit, I wasn't sure how to handle two boys, still don't, but God knew what he was doing giving us Jack. He is a light on the darkest of days. Named after his oldest brother, Jackson, and my Papa, Willis Gordon, he is named appropriately! I think they would be proud. Here some pictures for you to enjoy of Jack and a couple of the messes he has gotten into!

Jack 1 day old

1 week
6 months
1 year
1 year and "climbing"
And what he's been up to or should I say into!

At 8 months he got caught up in Michal Kate's birthday balloons
9 1/2 or 10 months in the chocolate
10 months
12 months
14 months-yes, he did this on his own and I took several more for fun after this initial shot!

15 months
17 months and a Jack in the box!
21 months at Noah's 1st ever t-ball game just before it started
Jack is smart as a whip so don't look at these pictures and think, man Dana, try....with Jack he will outsmart you EVERY time! He loves to make people laugh and will do things on purpose to do so. He thinks and has always thought he can do what any of the bigger kids can and he will, or at least try so watch what you do around him. These are just samples of what he has done, some happen so fast, there aren't words to describe them, much less, pictures. He is here to make us and everyone around him smile, so enjoy. I can't believe these things have happen in only his first two years, life will be interesting! So if you ever need to laugh or smile, just call and ask what Jack is up to or in to whichever the case may be.
We love you Jack! You are such a delight and a blessing. Happy birthday!
I will post his 2 year pictures and party pictures after the weekend.

1 comment:

Lezli said...

I can't believe he is 2 years old!! It's amazing to see how much he has grown and changed over those 2 years. He's a precious child and I can't wait to see what life has in store for him. I love you Jack!!