Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Father's Day

The Saturday before father's day we were in Dallas to celebrate not only Father's Day but also Jack's 2nd birthday. Friday, which was his actual birthday, we drove to Dallas, went and had the kids pictures taken (will be on the next post), then went to dinner for his birthday. We had his birthday party Saturday morning at my parent's neighborhood pool. Then Saturday night we met up with my whole family at Olive Garden, and then to my sister's house for desert to celebrate Father's Day.


The first picture of all 8 grandkids and my parents.
A very rare picture of my siblings and my daddy. Did I mention that just two days before this picture was taken my sister hit 100 lbs lost! I am so proud of her, doesn't she look awesome!
I am so blessed to call this man my daddy. I was and forever will be a daddy's girl. I get my love of basketball from him(especially KENTUCKY), my determination, my patience, somewhat of my sense of humor, and because of the way he and my mom raised me I serve our Loving God! He is one of the most godly men that I know and I love him more for that. The way he loves, not just my kids or my niece and nephews, but all kids reminds me of my Papa! I love you daddy!

Richard and I with the kiddos

I never give Richard enough verbal/written credit. He is such an awesome daddy! I am so blessed to have him as my husband and the father of my 5 children. He loves us all deeply and helps me with them when most men wouldn't. I can truly say we are raising these kids together because of all he does. Every time I see him with them in a loving moment, especially on like this picture, I fall in love with him all over again, and deeper than I thought possible. He not only is a fun and loving daddy, he is a disciplinarian and most importantly a spiritual leader. My kids are blessed to get a glimpse of the love of our Heavenly Father in and through their earthly Father just as I did growing up.
This was actually taken on Father's Day night after he opened his gifts before they went to bed.
Daddy and his boys!
The boys!
Daddy's girls
Sweet sisters
The Castleman Crew

No comments: