Tuesday, June 09, 2009

Catch Up

Oh my goodness, I hope you are ready for this amazingly full and long post! First things first, end of the year for Michal Kate! She has finished Pre-K and I can hardly believe it. On Wednesday last week they had Pre-K water day. I was excited about this due to the fact that she missed field day because we had the stomach bug. Emorie and I went up to the school for a couple of hours to take pictures of the event. The note warned parents that if you were there, you were a target so of course, I came home wet.
Here is Michal Kate on the slip and slide.


Michal Kate playing!

I had an idea of taking pictures on the first and last day of school in the same outfits as long as they still fit. Michal Kate's did so here you go!

First Day August '08



















Last day June '09















On Wednesday Richard's parents came to us to visit. This visit was the first time they had seen Emorie so we had a lot of catching up to do!

Gran Gran and Emorie


















Gramma
and Emorie
















On Thursday night, Paul and the kids came over for hamburgers and hot dogs. We got a picture of our 6 together with Gramma and Gran Gran.
Before they left to go on the next leg of their journey we took a picture of Gramma and Gran Gran with our 4 on Saturday afternoon.

Well, the time has come. After last Wednesday finding Jack on the kitchen counter, on the kitchen table, trying to get on top of the entertainment center, and then him climbing out of his bed three times during nap time on Thursday, to get him a toddler bed. "Big boy bed". So on Friday we all went to Texarkana with one of the things to do, letting Jack pick out his new bedding. Of all his choices he picked Cars. He is doing pretty well, he does get up several times while we are putting him to bed at nap and night time but we are learning.






































Thursday before Memorial Day Emorie had her first real smile. Yet, it has taken me until this Sunday to get in on camera. Then I noticed this week her really wanting to sit up so we tried the Bumbo, and she loves it!



















Well the next bit of fun....while Gramma was here she suggested we go ahead and work on the girls room which was on our list of things to do this summer. So we did. The main wall is dark brown and the other three are pink. I love it. It looks awesome. When I have everything up on the walls and when Michal Kate's bedding arrives, I will take pictures of the finished product, but here are some teasers.
We did go ahead and put the crib in there for Emorie and get her bedding on it which looks way cute if I say so myself.


I decided instead of paying for bow boards (boards to hang the girls bows on) I would make them myself. And then I put the ribbon in Michal Kate's mirror and made my first ever real bow!
I also decided instead of paying someone to make letters for the girls, I could do it myself so here are Michal Kate's letters. She has stripped bedding so polka dot letters...
Emorie has polka dot bedding so a stripped letter!


That is all for around here. Summer is in full swing and with trips to Dallas, Houston, and VBS coming I will post frequently so keep checking! Emorie will be two months on Saturday and Jack will be two next week so there will be lots of pictures!

2 comments:

Lezli said...

The girls' room is SUPER cute!!! I love it and I can't wait to see the finished product. We still need to get on the same page with Mom and I coming to visit! Love you all!!

The McCarter Family said...

Love the pink and brown! I am in awe that you find the time to do such cute decorating with 4 children! Way to go!!!