Friday, April 10, 2009

Our Garden

Today was the big day. I joined something called the Garden Club in our area back in September but have yet to grow anything. I have tried to grown things before, from all types of flowers, watermelon, and pumpkins, but I haven't ever had success. Richard decided that a vegetable garden would be a great way to start and we would do it all together. With a lot of help from Gramma, many, many phone conversations we have green beans, corn, squash, cantaloupe, watermelon, pumpkins, peppers, cucumbers, lettuce, carrots, tomatoes, and okra (I think I got it all) out in our square foot garden that Richard built. The kids really enjoyed getting to help and each of them planted different things. Now we just have to watch it to make sure it grows!!!
Richard is explaining how they are going to plant the seeds in the hole.

Michal Kate and Daddy
Jack thought it was great, here he is planting pumpkin.

Noah looking very serious
The older two attempting to plant lettuce.

Hopefully we will have plenty to eat and more than enough to share! Our goal was to get it done before Emorie is born, and we did it. So, okay already, Emorie, you can come now!!

1 comment:

The McCarter Family said...

That looks like so much fun! Wish I knew I could do it! You're brave having soon to be 4 kids and taking on something like that! Hope she comes soon!