Thursday, April 16, 2009

Introducing Emorie Elizabeth Castleman

Okay so it has taken all week to get these up! I didn't think it would take me that long but here you go. My doctor induced labor Monday, April 13. I got the pitocin about 8 o'clock Monday morning and had Emorie at 2:07 pm Monday afternoon. Overall, I would say it was the easiest labor and delivery of all of them. She weighed 7 lbs 7 oz and was 20 1/2" long! So far she isn't really a cryer...she squeaks a lot and every now and then has one cry out that sounds like a Raptor but beyond that she is pretty quiet. Much to our surprise, she does have dark hair, it is a brown color with red going through it so I am calling it auburn. She also is somewhat olive complected. It is neat to look at her because it is different. So get ready because here comes the roll of films worth of pictures!!!
Mommy and Emorie just after birth


Mommy, Daddy, and Emorie




Gram and Emorie

Papa came up for the evening on Monday and got to see her post bath!
Gram and Mommy had fun playing dress up late Monday night, but she was bright eyed and willing for the most part. ( I also had to include a picture of her with her eyes open for my nephew who wanted to see her not sleeping)
On Tuesday, Richard kept Michal Kate home from school and brought the kids up to the hospital to meet their sister. It was crazy in a small hospital room, but they all did very well with her, including Jack! We have been so surprised and touched by Noah's gentle spirit with her. He is super sweet, wants to hold her, he sings to her, shares with her, and gets most upset if she isn't happy.
Sweet sisters
Noah holding Emorie for the first time
Jack hanging out with Emorie for the fist time
Daddy and Emorie bonding.
Emorie on Wednesday in her coming home outfit.
Mommy and Emorie getting ready to leave the hospital

Emorie ready to go in her seat with her blanket that Aunt Tracy got her.
This is Thursday while we were getting ready for the doctor. Yes, I love the hair bows so get used to it!
Thursday night, Richard and I gave Emorie her first bath at home. She didn't care for it overall, and Richard said it was because I was too gentle because she loved her bath in the hospital where you feel like the nurses are going so fast that she is just in for a pit stop with the pit crew. We laugh about all the hair and when wet and ruffled with a towel it is even somewhat curly!

Baby Burrito.
See all the hair!
Thank you all for your thoughts and prayers. What a blessing she is! We love you!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful photos. I love the kids outfits they wore to welcome her. Congratulations again..
Christine O'Neil
PS Grace decided to tell her friends today her mom is having a baby(this is a story, not truth) I think she wants to be like MK and Maya!

The McCarter Family said...

Awww! Congratulations! They are so sweet and cuddly when they are so small like that! She is beautiful and I love her name!

Life In Oh-me-haw said...

She is beautiful! Congratulations!!!

Cindy Deister said...

I am just crying - your family is so beautiful and sweet! Precious! I am so happy for you!

Cindy Deister said...

And Dana - You look amazing post-labor! Way to go!

Auntie said...

Congratulations. What sweet photos. You have a beautiful family. Enjoy every second with them. Love to all, Donna

jaxmom said...

Welcome to the world, Emorie! Dana, you look AMAZING to have just had a baby! And I love all the pink and brown polka dots and hair bows =) She is Precious! You have a beautiful family and congrats to you all!!

Unknown said...

Congrats! Emorie is beautiful! I hope you are feeling good and healing quickly.

Morale said...

What a joy! She is perfect, and I have to say you look amazing! (not that you don't normaly), but just after birth, you look so great! She'll be blonde like you!
xoxoxoxo.