Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Michal Kate's Sad Birthday

Though the weekend went off well and Michal Kate had a great party she was not well on her actual birthday. On Monday last week I was called by the school to please come get her she was running 102.8 fever. We weren't shocked being that Richard was already ill. I took her and Jack, just in case, to the doctor on Tuesday morning and low and behold Type A flu. He sent me with a prescription for an older flu med...he said that Tamaflu isn't working on this strand, and instructions that she couldn't be around anyone until she was fever free for 48 hours. She came home and slept forever on Tuesday. Wednesday, her birthday, she woke up with fever but it quickly went away with Motrin and Tylenol alternating through the day. When she woke up from her nap however we had a harder time breaking her fever, thus the very heavy eyes after dinner Wednesday night during her birthday celebration.


The rest of the week wasn't without craziness...Wednesday morning Jack threw up once, Thursday night, though Michal Kate was all better, Noah began throwing up for 4 hours, then Friday at noon I had a headache that flattened me. I went and got Richard who was finally better and then I was in bed for two days with this horrible migrain on top of a little stomach bug for about 3 hours Friday night. Then on Saturday as I was finally feeling better that late evening Richard got the bug. All in all not a week I wish to ever repeat. Though we had a lot of family time, and rest time, it was crazy and there were times I was in tears for my mommy who was home not feeling well either. I am sorry to complain, just letting you in. I am so appreciative of all of our health this week, probably more than normal and aware of how God takes care of us even when it doesn't feel like it.
Have a great week!

No comments: