Monday, April 21, 2008

Chocolate and Country Music

Well, I don't know how many of you know this about me, but I am a stickler for the rules. For example, you don't turn a baby around in their car seat to face forward until they are a year and 20 pounds, not either or but both. You don't give an infant honey, eggs, peanut butter, or chocolate until they are 1 for various food allergy purposes. Well, I knew I would get a child who would try to break all the rules, and well, Jack is our little crazy boy.
Thursday afternoon I was getting ready and getting the kids ready to go to Mt. Pleasant for their tumbling and ballet classes and Jack was playing in the living room. I heard something pounding on the floor but assumed he was just playing with any of the loud toys we have in the play room. When I was fully ready to go with not a minute to spare I go in the play room to get Jack and put the kids in the car and he wasn't there. I had a bag of trash by the door ready to go, and and melted some chocolate that afternoon for something, but had thrown the bowl away...where did I find Jack, but in the kitchen like this...Then on Saturday I was getting ready while Richard and his dear friend Matt, who was in town for a weekend visit, went to go get Richard's brother Paul and the kids for a playdate and I turned on my iPod with my Bose docking station, by far one of my most favorite gifts my hubby has given me, I use it daily, I walked into the living room when Carrie Underwood's "Before He Cheats" was on, save the lectures about the song for another day please, and I found that I had my very own country band in my own living room!

By the way, I didn't forget Jack's 10 month pictures, but he has been a pretty sick little boy so I will wait to take them until he is feeling better.

2 comments:

The McCarter Family said...

Looks like yall have as much fun around your house as we do....never a dull moment!!! Aren't they so much fun!!?? It's a crazy busy life, but I know you wouldn't change it for the world!!!

LilStarOfTexas said...

That picture of Jack is hilarious!!! What an innovative little guy... :)