Saturday, November 19, 2011

Monkey Around

We waited a little late to have Elijah's birthday party so my parents and some of our friends would be able to come. So November 19 was the big day! It was my first time to purchase a printable party from Etsy, but I loved it. It did take a little time to cut everything out, but it was very personal and everything turned out so cute.
I have been collecting sock monkey things for months, to be decorations as well as gifts, including the blanket on the table that my mom and I made.


On his actual birthday I ran by the store that morning and picked up some balloons for him to enjoy that day, and after being a little skittish at first, they are some of his favorite things now.
Did I mention this boy loves to eat? You wouldn't know it by his small size ( only 20 lbs and 25" at his 1 year check up) but he does, especially sweets! He tore into his cupcake and barely left a crumb!
We are so blessed by this little guy and thankful for his life!

1 comment:

Kim said...

20 pounds! Not bad! Our Jack was 20 pounds at six months! Ha! Loved seeing that cake all over that cute face! He is a doll, Dana! And super cute party! I've always wanted to do one of those Etsy party packs, but haven't. I may just have to try it!