Wednesday, November 02, 2011

Elijah Richard

I know I say this every time, but I really can not believe that he is a year old already. The memory of his birth is still so vivid to me, and the year has gone by so fast. I think this is the hardest 1st birthday of my 5 kids knowing it is the last 1st birthday we will have. He is my baby. I have cherished this first year, and even tried to cherish the times when he and I were up in the middle of the night. Elijah just started sleeping through the night about 2 months ago, and that is just because I have put him in a room all by himself. He wakes up once during the night, moans for a minute or two, then rolls over and goes back to sleep. We just stopped nursing a week ago and I am really okay with that, he is taking a milk cup like a champ. He loves table food and won't take any baby food anymore at all. He is my earliest walker. He has been walking for about 2 1/2 weeks and is getting faster every day. He says 4 words..."dada", "hi", "bye", and "yay". The "hi" and "bye" come along with a full arm wave and the "yay" with clapping! He is either happy or mad there isn't an in between with him, so you just hope you catch him happy. He is a momma's boy for the most part but he enjoys his daddy too.




Elijah, you are a blessing. You were a surprise from the beginning and a cherished one every day since. I love you!

1 comment:

jaxmom said...

He is soooooo cute!! Love all the photo of him in the wagon with all the sock monkeys!! Just precious!