Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Outdoor Daze

On Friday, January 7 after school the kids wanted to go outside and play. The weather was gorgeous so I sent them on. They climbed on the leaf covered trampoline and I grabbed the camera! I love the pictures. Hard to imagine that just 2 days later we would be out there again in a winter wonderland.




I love these pictures of their faces in the leaves. I didn't take one of Elijah but after the snow melt, if my leaves are still there I just might have to get him out there so I can frame them!
Sunday, January 9 in the early hours of the morning the sleet began. Then during church that morning the ginormous flakes began to fall and cover everything. The kids got to play in the snow for 2 days and it was wonderful. Here it is Wednesday and our yard is still mostly covered. I love it. Somehow this born and raised Texas girl, often thinks I should have been raised up North as much as I love the cold and snow. We did everything from building a Snowman, making Snow-Cream, Snow angels, and the occasional snow ball fight.




With our snowman.

Snow Cream
Being that Jack, Eme, and I are the only ones that liked it I will spare you the pictures of the others eating their courtesy bite!

1 comment:

Kim said...

What fun pictures! Gotta love the ones in the leaves! And then of course snow pictures are always fun! The weather here in TX is so crazy!! Anyhow, hope yall are doing great!