Monday, August 24, 2009

In the words of Nemo...

"First Day of School, First Day of School"

As you can see Jack hadn't been up long!

Well today was the day! Michal Kate, Noah, and Jack all went to school today. After what feels like months of preparation, the day finally arrived and they all got to school on time. A miracle non the less.
Here are the before school shots.
I can't believe that Michal Kate has started Kindergarten. I don't think I am old enough to have one in kinder. She did so well. She walked right in, found her seat, and didn't even look back. I wanted her to want me or need me or something, but something about this big girl...She said she had a great day and loved being back at school with her friends. She also reiterated the fact that starting next week they will have homework every night. WHAT HOMEWORK! I thought I had another year before that started.
Noah has been looking forward to today since last year when Michal Kate went, and he went in like a trooper. There were multiple kids in his class screaming, but Noah couldn't wait. I told him how proud we were of him for being a big boy and being brave. We have the wonderful blessing of Noah having the same teacher that Michal Kate had last year so Noah already knew her which helped I am sure. He has spent the last couple of days hearing from his big sister how Pre-K works! It won't be long and he will be doing all the things that Michal Kate does. His favorite part was that he got to play alot and got to go to two playgrounds! That is a boy for ya!I can't really say that Jack has looked forward to today but he did well all the same! We have enrolled him in a 2 day a week Mother's Day Out program in Mt. Pleasant. I think he is in need of this to help him with some of his attatchment issues. Because he was with us when we dropped the other two off he walked right in and started playing with the kitchen and the train set. He looked so cute walking in the school holding all his belongings. Though he dropped them as soon as we walked in the door even though we weren't at the MDO spot yet.

Pictures inside just like year.
Noah and a little bit of spider-man!
Some shots in their classrooms!
I couldn't help but post this picture of him with all of his stuff!
I am so thankful for an amazing school system that my kids get to be a part of. I pray this year is a blessing for my kiddos and their teachers, friends, and parents.

3 comments:

Erica said...

They all three look adorable and ready to tackle the day! I pray that they all have a great year ahead of them. Love all of the pictures!!

jaxmom said...

Your kids are just precious!! Congrats on all of them doing so well their first day. You and Emorie should take advantage of their time at school and take a nap! ;) Cute pics!

Cindy Deister said...

The kiddos look great and excited to get to be with friends while learning and playing! I know it will be a great year for all of you! Love you!