Thursday, August 13, 2009

August, so far

August isn't even half over and it already it has been a filled month with lots more to go. Last Friday I took the kids to Idabel to meet baby Carlee Jo for the first time and give Noah and Connor a last play date before school starts since they are both attending Pre-K this year.
Of course the oldest Castleman girl and the youngest! A proud big cousin!

All the Castleman girls and all 5 and under! Michal Kate 5 Cambri 23 months, Emorie 3 1/2 months and Carlee Jo 10 days
Sitting in the bumbo! One of her favorite spots most of the time!
And of course as the proud Aunt Dana I had to take some pictures of Carlee Jo.
I love these tiny hands
When we got home from their house we eagerly awaited the arrival of our dear friends from Levelland, Sandra and Lezli! That night out of no where and unprompted, Jack took off his diaper and went potty in the potty for the first time. After successfully doing that on demand after that, on Monday I unsuccessfully tried to do the whole underwear thing. Here he is for the first time in underwear! I think once school starts we may have a week or so where we work on this, and I think he'll have it. On Tuesday night he took off his diaper again and ran to the potty and was trying so hard to teetee he pooped in the potty!!!
Proof that playing Spider-man and pirates on the playground can be dangerous. They were just playing, but ya know!
And on Friday, Michal Kate began reading. I bought some sight word cards by the Post It note company and so far she can read 20 words! There are only a couple that she stops on but she is doing great. When I am confident she has the ones currently up I add at least too more. I am so proud of her, she will probably be reading the level one book by Christmas! (If not before)
Sandra and the kids
Lezli and the kids (as good as it gets at 8:30 in the morning)
Sandra and Michal Kate still best buds
Tuesday night I tried to move Emorie into her crib. Thankfully it didn't work, I don't think I was ready. She slept here for about two hours and then woke up screaming. We will try again soon. I am working with her trying to get her back sleeping through the night after the whole ER thing. She is so big, 4 months old today and weighs over 15 lbs! But in this baby bed she looked so tiny!
We are headed to OKC this weekend just for Friday and Saturday and then we are back with one week left until school starts.

No comments: