Wednesday, September 13, 2006

Survivor

As crazy as I know it is, I'm addicted. I am so excited that Survivor: Cook Islands starts tomorrow I can hardly wait. We of course DVR the show and watch after 8:30 when the kids are asleep, so I will be off my computer during and after the show until I have had a chance to watch it. I laugh at myself when one season ends and I am already researching the beginning of the next season. I know that it is a show that really doesn't matter, but to me the idea is fun. This season has received a lot of hype due to its controversial division of teams. I saw an interview with Jeff Probst yesterday and his take on it was that each individual ethnic group has so much pride within itself that it is fun to see what they do with it when they are having to vote one of their own off. He was sure to let us know that they will merge quickly but that he thinks that it turned out to be one of the best "creative" ideas they have had yet. In a lot of ways the division concerns me due to the fact that we pride ourselves as a nation that we are the melting pot of the world. Some interesting questions arose that made me think not only about racial division but monitary and the like. How many times can I see a homeless person, or someone who is ill and not think differently of them? I don't ever remember struggling with racial division, especially now, but other divisions I think should be included in the "melting pot."
I know a lot of babbling, but I am still trying to figure this blogging out! I still haven't figured out how to post pictures on here, but I am sure someone will help me.
Let me know what you think. D

1 comment:

stephanie said...

hey girl- kids are adorable!!!Look just like you! true beauties!
SURVIVOR!!!!! tonight girl- We tvo it also- and watch later! IT is when Johnny (husband) and I have "our time".
Glad to see your well-
STEPH
homer (STAUTY)