Wednesday, September 20, 2006

Bouncin' Around

This week Michal Kate, Noah, and I are in Dallas visiting family. My birthday was this last Sunday and my nephew Carson's birthday is this Saturday. We are really enjoying our time with the family. I felt very celebrated for the big number 28 though it is sobering to realize that in two years I will be 30.

The last two days Gram and I have taken the kids to different places that have bounce houses or bounce play toys. Michal Kate goes into the rooms a little timid, but as soon as she tries something one time, she loves it, and begs to do it over and over again. Noah on the other hand has no fear of anything. He thinks he is just as big as any other kid in the place and that there isn't any reason why he shouldn't be able to do the same things they are doing.

We were in down town Wylie today and Michal Kate and I went into the coffee store to get daddy a treat, when we were leaving she looked up and the lady and said, "I would like some french fries and a Dr. Pepper." The sales lady I and both laughed out loud because Michal Kate was serious. I still can't figure out the Dr.Pepper thing, because she has never even had one, but it was still very funny.

The last week or so watching the kids has allowed me to reflect on what life is like through the eyes of a child. The innocence they approach life with (most of the time), the ability to enter a situation without hesitation knowing that mommy or daddy will be there to help them through it,the joy found in the littlest things.

This has all allowed me to reflect also on faith, after all "faith like a child". To have that innocence in my faith when I approach the throne, or to have the innocence that I would never come through an evil thought or action, to be able to enter any situation without fear truly believing and knowing that God is there to help you through whatever it may be, and to find joy in the little things, like shouting with glee that the wind is blowing, or that I see a flower, or that the moon is out. Just a thought!

No comments: