Friday, September 29, 2006

Attachment

Okay, so this week has been interesting. Noah, for some reason just decided that he is going to be jealous whenever I touch any other child. Which for me is tough being that he has a big sister and then I keep two other children during the day. He is only happy when I am holding him and only paying attention to him. I have really struggled with this during the week because I am not used to it. Don't get me wrong, I love both my kids, and I would do anything for them, and I know that there are already times I look at them and just wish they would let me hold them for a little while, but this is a bit ridiculous. Then I stopped and thought about it for a while. What if I was that attached to our Father? What if my only happiness came from the times spent with Him holding me? I think of how tough that is for me and then I think about how many children God has and remember that he has the desire to "hold" all of us all the time. How amazing it is for us when we allow Him to hold us. Once again if we were to look at Him as our Parent the way our kids look at us, what an amazing faith and relationship we would have.

No comments: