Thursday, June 21, 2012

New York

Those of you who know me well know that I have wanted to go to New York City for as long as I can remember. So when my sister called last August and said she was planning a family girls trip to NYC in May, I was all in!
So on Wednesday, May 16 we headed out to NYC.

 Here we are catching our ride from the airport to the hotel. Michel, Tracy, Allyson, mom, Suzanne, and me

 We stayed in Times Square in the Marriot Marquios! Talk about gorgeous! This was the view from our room. Truly the city that never sleeps.
Our first say there was Tracy's birthday! We celebrated by eating at Serendipity. Talk about wonderful. This is us enjoying my desert, Frozen Hot Chocolate. It was one of the most wonderful things I have ever tasted. My mouth is watering just thinking about it.


While we were there, we were able to attend 3 Broadway Musicals. Thursday night we went to Sister Act starring Ravon, Friday night The Lion King, and Saturday, mom and I went to see Phantom of the Opera. They were all amazing, but Phantom was my favorite. So amazing.
 
 We took a ferry cruise around the New York coast. We were able to see the Statue of Liberty up close and personal, and the new New York skyline.
Picture of Tower 1 memorial








 On Friday we went down to ground zero. I can't even put into words this experience. It was breathtaking and brought tears to my eyes just standing there. They have done a beautiful job in building the memorial and I am sure the museum will be just as awesome when it is finished. To stand where so many died for nothing but hate...and to be taken back to that day just by standing there. It is truly something to see.


  It was very funny to me that people would just sit in Times Square, seemingly not really doing anything. Some even brought their own chairs. So on Saturday, Ally and I just sat down for fun. Of course we did it while Suzanne wasn't looking and sanitized our hands thoroughly afterwards!

This for me was the trip of a lifetime and I would go back in a heartbeat. It was amazing and met every expectation I had. The memories we made as the girls in our family will last forever!

No comments: