Tuesday, January 03, 2012

Santa

A week before Christmas we happened to be in OKC for something and ventured to the mall in hopes of getting the kids picture taken with Santa...well FAIL. Only because the wait was and hour and half. We were willing to wait, especially since they give you a pager and you can go about your business in the mall, but we had plans an hour from then and couldn't wait. After trying to figure out when we would go because I didn't want to miss a year, we decided we would try at Firewheel in Dallas the Thursday before Christmas. I went knowing the wait was going to be forever long and horrible. Much to my surprise we waited 5 minutes and got the picture quickly. I learned several years ago to assure the photographer that I am buying the picture screaming or no screaming so just take it.
Emorie was not a fan of Santa at all! There was actually a shot where they were all looking and smiling except Eme but she had her face completely covered, so we went with this one. I love that it looks like Elijah is laughing at her!
Santa took a few minutes after the picture to discuss with the older three what they wanted for Christmas. It is funny to me to watch my three VERY OUTGOING kids clam up in a shell and speak so quietly and timidly to someone. I was holding Elijah by this point and Emorie was as close to the door as she could get with her daddy with her head a deep in his shoulder as she could get it!

No comments: