Friday, October 14, 2011

Fire Trucks

My little Eme is very much into 2 things right now and they are opposite ends of the "girlie" spectrum. She loves tutu's/skirts and firetrucks. I know, crazy, right? She is not going to "school" this year so last Friday I decided a good thing for she and I (with Eli in tow) would be to bake some cookies and take them to our neighborhood fire department. She clammed up and somehow became shy, which is very unlike Emorie but she couldn't stop talking about it afterwards.
Walking her cookies to the door at the Fire Station.
The fireman couldn't have been nicer. He tried to talk to her, which she wasn't responding. He let her go see the truck and was going to let her get up in it if she hadn't have been so shy. So we settled for our mild, calm little girl (HA) having her picture taken by the truck!

1 comment:

Kim said...

Just catching up on a few blogs...it's taking me a while. ;) But before I say anything else, I just wanted you to know that your words, sweet thoughts, and faithful prayers have meant so much to us over the past few months. I am so thankful for your love and support and wished we didn't have this in common now, but am thankful to have someone else to lean on when I need it. So thank you. You are wonderful.

And now for your blog...your kids are precious, as always. I love the love for tutus and firetrucks. Ha! I wish Jolee Kate loved tutus though...she loves all of her brothers things, but I literally put her in one of her tutus yesterday. And she THREW A FIT. I need her to be a princess, she really needs to get over it. ;)