Thursday, March 31, 2011

Friends

Do you have a friend that you don't see very often but yet you are so close that it doesn't matter how much time as passed, when you get together it is like you never missed a beat? A friend that knows you so well, you don't have to say anything at all, and yet they KNOW! A friend that feels more like a sister/brother than a friend? A friend that you care for so deeply that you rejoice with them and cry with them through life's good times and bad? A friend whose kids you love like your own, and that mostly due to the fact they are hers/his? A friend that you know will always be there? A friend that encourages you? A friend that challenges you spiritually. A friend that constantly makes you want to be a better person? A friend you know God put in your life and He built the friendship? I could go on and on. I have a friend like this...a couple. They are few and far between. She is someone who is all these things above and so so much more that I can't even begin. Richard and I were blessed to meet with her and her sweet family, her husband is someone I have been friends with for years as well, because they were in East Texas on vacation last Thursday. We met and had lunch and visited for a few hours. Though our time was short, it was as if no time had passed since our last get together. I am looking forward to the next time I get to see her and her sweet family. Barie and I have been close friends for 17 years! Not many people are friends that long and stay close, so I know I am blessed. Here is a picture from our get together...after 4 kids she still looks amazing, INSIDE and OUT! I love you Barie Sue!

1 comment:

Barie Sue said...

I feel the same... I'm hoping for yearly trips together when we get older since we've had to adapt for so long to this whole distance relationship...you think our hubbies would go for New York for our first trip? That sounds like a fun girls' trip :-)