Monday, November 15, 2010

Elijah Richard Castleman

Okay, so it has been 2 1/2 weeks and I am just getting this post up, but hey, I have 5 kids doesn't that count for something! Elijah's birthday was interesting to say the least. Monday, I was preparing food for a dear family all the while contracting about 5 minutes apart all day long. I avoided going to my doctor or talking to my friend who happens to be his wife for fear of them telling me to come in. Why? you ask, because Richard was home with a stomach bug and I didn't want to do labor and delivery of our last child without him. I get through the day okay, get the kids in bed and I choose to sleep on the couch far away from Richard!
First of all my final belly shot at 36 weeks!
I get up the next morning only to find out that though the bug has past, his energy is wiped and he still doesn't feel 100%! GREAT! I take all the kids to school and run into another friend of mine who sends a text to our friend Melissa, the doctors wife. Next thing I know Melissa is calling me telling me to come in and be checked. I hesitate but figure there won't be any change from the 3 I was last week so I'll just go. Well, they say every pregnancy is different for a reason because sure enough I was a 4! Dr. M says well lets just walk over to labor and delivery and have a baby. I have to call and wake Richard up and tell him to come on. I call mom and dad, Lori, and Richard calls his mom and we are off and running.
Early labor was no big deal, then it hit of course. I ask for my epidural and they come pretty quickly and administer it. Much to our surprise and 2 epidurals later....it doesn't work. So at 5 cm I ask for something in my IV while we wait for another epidural attempt. That helps some but not great. Dr. comes in when the anesthesiologist comes in and checks and I am a 6! I sit up and 40 minutes, 2 more epidurals, and a spinal later, I am finally numb and an 8! I lay there for a bit then...the easy part. TWO PUSHES and Elijah was here!
Elijah Richard Castleman
Tuesday, November 2, 2010 6:08 p.m.
6 lbs. 10 oz. 18"
Daddy covering up just in case that ugly bug wants to live on
Gram and Elijah
Papa
Elijah with the bear that Ashley brought us
His first outfit change...3 a.m
Gramma, Jack, and Emorie meeting Elijah while I wait for surgery
Eme was very unsure of me being in that bed.
My sister got to come. This is pre surgery also.
While I was in surgery they attempted a picture of the 5 kids together!
My surgery went well. I was ready to come home Thursday morning when I got a spinal headache. Lots of fluids, caffeine, and a blood patch later it was a little better and we got ready to come home Friday morning.
Here is Elijah in his coming home outfit.
In his seat ready to go!

I know I have delivered 6 times to 5 healthy babies, but the miracle of life never gets old, boring, or indifferent. Each time I am amazed and in awe of God's miracle and the blessing that he allowed me to be a part of it! All 6 of my babies, pregnancies, and lives are such a blessing to me and I will never forget. More to come so stay tuned!

No comments: