Friday, February 12, 2010

Snow Days

I have often wondered it I was born in the wrong state! I love snow. Not just the way most Texans like to see it, but I love it. I can't help but smile, and I want to play in it like a little kid. I don't know that I have ever seen this much snow in Texas! The sight this morning was absolutely beautiful. It started falling yesterday about 8:30 in the morning and by 9:30 the ground was covered and it just kept coming.
Here is Jack yesterday as it started falling.


The house yesterday about 10 a.m. I wish I had taken one this morning before we played in it!
Eme yesterday morning.
Jack touching the snow yesterday

Noah at the after school.Michal Kate. I love all the snow in her hair. She was trying to catch flakes on her tongue.

This morning it was at least 7 or more inches deep. At one spot in our yard it came up to my knees. School was canceled because a lot of our area lost power so we got to spend the morning playing in it.

Here is Michal Kate making a snow angel.
Helping Daddy build a snow man.
Our tree in the yard folded over because of the weight of the snow. Here is Jack in the tree, what the kids call the igloo.
Noah...
Emorie! I actually got a smile before she decided she did not like the snow at all.The kids by our snow man.

I hope you all who got snow had as much fun as we did. I am so thankful that God blessed us with such beautiful snow!

1 comment:

The McCarter Family said...

What a blessing for you to be off school and get to play in it with your kids! Unfortunately, although Paris got tons of snow too and school was cancelled, I am stuck in San Antonio at a music convention! I got to talk about it with them on the phone, but it definitely wasn't the same!!! I had my mom and husband take lots of pics for me though!!! I just hate it b/c #1..it probably won't snow like that for several years, and #2..I didn't even get to enjoy the weather day off from school! BUMMER!