Thursday, October 15, 2009

Today

October 15, just another day in the October calendar right. Well not for those of us who have lost a child in pregnancy or infancy. Today is the National Pregnancy and Infant Loss Remembrance Day in the United States. I didn't even know that this day existed until last year when I was reading through a blog I read regularly. I invited you as I do on Jackson's birthday each year to spend some time in prayer remember those who have lost these precious babies. Share your stories with me, know that I am praying for you each time I remember Jackson and baby #4 for us. Jackson would be 6 1/2 now and baby #4 would be almost 3. Though this isn't something that any of us just think about on one day, know that you are remembered today. A tradition with this day has been to drive with your lights on all day. So when you are out and about turn them on and when you do say a little prayer.
Michal Kate and Noah with baby#4 pregnancy test

1 comment:

The McCarter Family said...

I am so sorry that you had to go through losing these babies. I was aware of Jackson, but not #4. I lost one at 7 wks., but when I remember this precious little one that lived such a short time inside my womb, I can't help but say a prayer of thanksgiving for my 2 precious girls that I wouldn't have had if I hadn't gone through what I did. I didn't know about this memorial day either...good to know!