Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Jack Gordon Castleman


Jack is here! I went into labor around lunch on Monday. I wasn't really sure that it was labor but we came to the hospital after talking to my doctor and sure enough I was contracting 2-3 minutes apart. Through the evening I ending slowing down so my doctor let me eat something and gave me a sleeping pill and then started pitosin this morning around 7. I had to go a few hours with out pain meds to help me move along. I got my epidoral around 12 noon and then I had Jack after only pushing for 7 minutes at 1:31 p.m. He weighs 7 lbs 12 oz and 20 1/4 inches long. He is completely healthy and breathing well which is such an answer to prayer. So far he is a great baby, he is eating well and sleeping. Though he is quite the little pooper, he is keeping daddy and me busy already. We are so thankful to God for our precious blessing!


Daddy and Jack just minutes after birth.
Mommy and Jack the first time mommy got to hold him. What you don't see is Noah is climbing all over my legs.
Noah was so sweet with his brother. He just laid like this or by my side to love on him.
Michal Kate climbed up in my lap and wanted to hold him. Her words were "Jack wants to hold me" so we helped her. As you can see she is one proud big sister.
And our Gram. Mom got to be there for the whole thing. This is Grams first time to hold Jack and it was just as she was about to take the other two back to our house. My mom is such a blessing all the time, but she is a life saver right now. I don't know what we would do without her.
We love you all and look forward to you all meeting Jack and getting to see more pictures.

4 comments:

Morale said...

He is so cute. I think he looks like you, but I have only met Richard, once I think. So glad the kids were excited too! Yeah, Happy family!!

Morale said...

As I open the photos... I see Jack looks just like his big brother. I am sure Noah will love that.

Anonymous said...

Richard and Dana,
CONGRATULATIONS! Jack is just as handsome as can be. We are so happy for the FIVE of you! Can't wait to meet the newest Mr. Castleman in person!
We love you,
Scott & Gayle

Brent said...

Always nice to see God's blessings on you and your family. That's a pretty good-lookin' arrow to add to your quiver.